Monday, July 14, 2008

Rainbow Falls

Nick and I went to Rainbow Falls State Park today. It is near Pe Ell, Rainbow Falls 7-14-2008 (14)which is about 25 miles from Chehalis. The park recently re-opened from the huge floods in November. I didn't know what to expect, but I definitely expected more I think. The park is still beautiful, but the river is not the same. You can really go swimming like you used to. There is no rope for jumping into the river and the waterfall is smaller. Not that is was very big, but it is definitely smaller. The flood ripped out the bridge that used to get you into the park. Now there is a completely different way to get to the park, takes a little longer, but that is ok. here are some pictures of where the bridge used to be and all the debris left from the bridge.

 Rainbow Falls 7-14-2008 (12)   Rainbow Falls 7-14-2008 (10)Rainbow Falls 7-14-2008 (13)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nick and I also went to Millersylvania State Park to see what it was like. We are planning on taking Tristram and Balin there in August. We wanted to see if it was worth it. I think it is. There is camping, swimming, hiking and fishing. I don't think the boys will get bored.

Alison Swimsuit Burdastyle 7-14-2008Alison Swimsuit Burdastyle 7-14-2008 (8) Once we got home, I checked my e-mail to find that I got my new SWAP partner, for another SWAP I am in. Also I got an email from Burda Style with a new pattern for a retro style swimsuit. I checked it out and fell in love. So much so that I instantly made it. I love it!!!! There are a few things that I don't like about it, but I am going to try it again tomorrow with a different fabric and make some of those changes. 

I got a lot done today. Hopefully my week will be just as productive. I have a super busy weekend coming up, so I will have to do anything I want to get done this week. So, I Sew.

No comments: