Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Likes and Dislikes

Things I Can Never Get Enough Of:

  • Aprons - I prefer full size, but half are ok as well
  • Grocery bags of all sizes
  • Produce bags
  • Pajamas - small-medium size
  • Lunch bags
  • Purses - messenger and designer knock offs
  • Book covers
  • Journals
  • Notebook covers
  • Portfolio - to hold a 9x12 note pad
  • Embroidered Kitchen Towels

Various Things About Me:

  • I'm a girly girl, but I don't have the budget to go full out
  • I am a hiker/backpacker
  • I would rather make it than buy it
  • I try to be as green as possible
  • I love to craft for my family - there are far too many people to buy for
  • I love youth fiction (not too young, 5th grade and above)
  • I work at an elementary school as a 1 on 1 shadow
  • My husband is a part time assistant wrestling coach and I am the team manager
  • I love to cook
  • I am very organized - everything has its perfect place

Favorites:

  • Color - pink, purple, blue, green, and cream
  • Fabrics - flannel, printed cottons, novelties, and decor
  • Big floral prints
  • Retro prints
  • Manatees

Dislikes:

  • Goth inspired
  • Neon - except if paired with black, but still no yellows or oranges

Never Have Enough Of:

  • Quilting Cottons
  • Buttons
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine needles
  • Ribbon
  • Trims
  • Lace
  • Elastic
  • Specialty Yarn - not novelty

Crafts I would like to Learn: 

  • Stenciling - T-shirts, glass, fabric (I have dabbled, but I would like to learn more)
  • Screen Printing (I would love to have my own kit)
  • Embroidering
  • Flower arranging

About My Family (the people I craft for):

  • Nick - (age 24, husband) Environment Biologist. He loves Star Wars and Spiderman
  • Debra - (Mom) Loves bags and purses. She is also very crafty, but doesn't have the time. She collects anything you give her. She loves vibrant prints, and natural colors.
  • Persephone - (age 1, niece) A little princess, pink and dresses are a must. She needs easy to grow in clothes.
  • Maribell - (age 2, niece)Our little all smiles, tomboy. She is always wearing a dress, but would rather be playing in  the dirt. Her nickname is ladybug, and we always give her things that relate.
  • Kelahna - (age 3, niece) A girly princess. She is small for her age (2T). Loves art, drawing and cooking. Her favorite thing right now is Elmo.
  • Billy - (age 4, nephew) Always on the move, watch out because he is sneaky. He loves cartoons and video games.
  • Balin - (age 5, nephew) The tough little boy. Loves tie-dye anything. He loves to try and get away with everything (and so cute he usually does get away with it). Loves trucks and super heroes, and Star Wars.
  • Timmy - (age 9, nephew) Loves comic books and everything that goes with that. He is a great wrestler. Enjoys being outside exploring.
  • Ariel - (age 9, niece) Half girl, half tomboy. Always catch her with paper and pencil drawing something. She has quite the collection of purses too. She has to keep up with all the boy cousins and does a good job at it too.
  • Tristram - (age 10, nephew) He is a very smart child. Always reading or playing the piano. He loves sports, especially soccer, but baseball and now wrestling are favorites too.
  • Zachary - (age 11, nephew) The helper, even when you least expect it, he is there to help out. He is also a wrestler.
  • I also craft for other family, but anything goes for them. Anything I might like, they might like.

No comments: