Monday, March 17, 2008

What a Busy Weekend

My weekend was so busy I hardly had time to do anything I wanted.

On Friday, I wasn't feeling well so I stayed home on the couch, looking at free sewing patterns on-line. I also decided to start my clothing label. I think it will be an exciting thing for me. Siobhan said she would help me with the web page to show off my clothes, which is nice of her. I made the clothing tags to put on everything I sew, so everyone will know it is mine. Then when it was time I went to Nick's wrestling banquet in Lacey. That was fun to see the boys again. Nick got a glass plaque that says he was assistant coach and the boys got me flowers for helping out so much. I almost cried. I complained all season, but I really did have fun. The kids are great to be around, so many personalities. It will all start again next year.

Then on Saturday we went to Becky's baby shower. I went and tortured myself with the shenanigans and Nick spent time with Billy and the kids. Becky and I decided, when I have a baby shower it will just be a BBQ for everyone to spend time together, moms, dads, and kids. And no silly games. Becky also said she wanted her kids to be models for my web site with all the clothes. Which is a definite. After we left Timbuktu, we went to Bills, Nick's dad's house. That is always an adventure. Julie gave me some great fabric to make Becky's kids clothes. I am excited for that.

On Sunday, Nick and I just lazed around. I went to Wal-Mart with my mom and got battery acid all over me, which I had to stand in the shower for 15 minutes just rinsing it off. Then I worked on organizing my patterns, and making an inventory of the ones I have and the ones I want. I also got some sewing done. I finished a really cute Jungle blanket and a Pink and White blanket. Now all I have is one blanket left that is already cut and ready to go. I will have to start cutting fabric again. That is okay though, because it will be clothing for me. YAY!!!

DSCN0711 DSCN0713

No comments: