Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Did It

Well I finally made a really cute dress that I love and will DSCN0722wear all the time. It took me about 3 hours and I sure did have some difficulties with it, but I did ok. I put the collar in upside down at first and didn't realize what I did until I finished the dress. Needless to say I had to take the collar out, and make a new one. I was nervous that I would ruin the rest of the dress when I took the collar off, but it looks great. I did forget to put my label in it, which makes me sad. I will have to get used to put one on everything I sew. I really love the retro fabric I found at Value Village. Thrift stores are the best!!!! I have another dress just like this one planned in a silver gray fabric for a very casual, yet dressy look. I will make that one later this week I think.

Yesterday I drew out my designs for the first couple of projects that I have planned. I read in Sew U by Wendy Mullin that you should always have a project ticket. Basically a piece of paper that explains what you are doing and what you need. That way when I go to make the project I have a list all ready for me. I made a bunch of them yesterday, that way I can quickly pick a project and sew. No more dilly dallying.

Tonight my mom, Stephanie, and I are all going out to Red Robin for our birthday dinners. Here I come "Crispy Chicken Sandwich with no onion and two sides of ranch." YUM! I am so hungry I can't wait. This is why I made the dress today. I wanted to look cute. And I will!

No comments: