Sunday, February 8, 2009

Redone

I reorganized my craft room. I made it easier to use the floor area for cutting and fabric layout. I also got rid of the two dressers that were holding all my fabric. I put the fabric in the mesh cubes I have had stored in the garage. Now I can see all of my fabric and how much of it I have. I wrapped all the fabric onto Comic Book Boards and calculated the approximate yardage of each. After totaling the fabric I have about 320 yards in 196 different cuts. There are only 3 fabrics that I have multiple cuts in. I am going to focus on using as much yardage as possible over the next 6 months.

DSCN1335 DSCN1339 DSCN1336 DSCN1337 DSCN1340

I did all this because I am going to Sew Expo in Puyallup at the end of February and I want to buy some fabric. I have decided that I can only buy the amount of yardage that I use up this month. That way I don't end up with more then I currently have. I have quite a few projects that I want to complete in the next couple of weeks, so I think I may use up a significant amount of fabric.

My partner for the Kitchen Swap received so I can post pictures of what I made now. I made her an apron with some pink and lime green polka dot fabric. I also made some pot holders and oven mitts. I made a set of Betti Page magnets for her as well. I bought some rubber gloves and towels that matched the theme I was going for. I like how everything turned out. I think she liked it all as well.

DSCN1318 kitchenswap2

I signed up for a fabric swap.

Getting new fabric is so much fun! This is a fun way to increase your stash and help someone else increase theirs, too. Participants will be sending out 1 half yard and 4 fat quarters to their partner.  In return, you will receive 1 half yard and 4 fat quarters. Participants have the option of sending (and receiving) 1 or 2 packages.

I asked to send and receive 2 packages, so I will be getting a great variety of fabric. I like this type of swap because I get fabric that I wouldn't normally buy or just haven't spent the money on yet. The organizer said that if we wanted we could send from our stash as long as our partner was ok with it. I hope my partner is, because this would be a great way to get rid of some of the fabric that I don't know what I want to do with. We should be getting partners later today. I can't wait. So, I Sew.

1 comment:

Drea said...

Wow! That's a lot of fabric. The stuff you made for the kitchen swap is so cute. Love the Bettie Page magnets!