Sunday, September 20, 2009

Craft room

I have been diligently working on decorating the new house. I have officially finished one whole room! I have partially finished all the rest of the rooms, but my craft room is the only room 100% complete.

Here are the before pictures:

DSCN1575 IMG_0070 IMG_0071

 

Here are the after pictures:

IMG_0324  IMG_0325 IMG_0326 IMG_0327  IMG_0330 IMG_0332 IMG_0333 IMG_0328IMG_0336

Nick painted the room blue for me, to help with the bright blue carpets. Then he made a large U-shaped desk for me. The desk consists of a place for my machines, two friends to come over and craft with me, and a computer area. There are some shelves for storage above the desk, as well as pegboard to hold all my crafty supplies. Nick also made a cutting table for me using some cabinet bases and plywood. This is the only project not 100% complete, but it is usable so it works. I just need to mount the plywood and cover it in fabric and plexi-glass. We took the closet doors off to make it easy access to my very organized fabric stash. I have over 200 yards of fabric neatly folded and organized my content. Soon I will organize it by color too. I hung a fun polka dot shower curtain to hide it from the sun and most of the dust. I went to Ikea and got some chairs, a stool, window curtain and some other various organization containers. I still have lots of empty containers that just serve as decor right now, but will eventually be full of things, I’m sure! I can’t wait to get to crafty again! So, I sew.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am in absolute love with your craft room! I found your blog through Craftster. The fabric stash is really impressive!

Mina said...

You made a great job, it´s a very practical craft room with everything handy, that´s important! I can imagine how comfortable it is to work in a cozy room like this! Congratulations!!!!

Nomaliza Azman said...

Oh wow, really love your sewing room! It gave me some idea to create my open concept sewing room (since it's attach together with the kitchen...) I like the pegboard concept and all mount to wall concept...looks neat and don't need to have cupboard to put small stuff...Save money :) The fabric stash room is interesting indeed (^.^)

Aimee said...

This will be my next project! Thanks for the great ideas.

Sell WoW Accounts said...

WoW! your so talented.. super love the craft room . .=)

Unknown said...

I found your blog just blog hopping this evening and I love your craft room. I hope to have a room like that again soon. I really like your table runners too..I am a Quilter also.