Monday, January 19, 2009

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

I have the day off of work to celebrate a great leader. I am going to spend the day getting our other computer back from the virus doctor and grocery shopping. I also really want to finish the Pink swap stuff so I can send that out. I don't really have very much to do with it, maybe 3 hours left. I also want to work on some of the Kitchen swap stuff. I finished one small item last week, now I have at least 6 points left to craft.

I have a long list of things I need to do and I never seem to have enough time to do it in. I probably would be able to finish some of those things if I didn't start new projects before the others were finished. Or if I didn't get angry with the project and just stop working on it for the day or week. Yesterday I was trying to sew a button hole into the doggie coats I was making and the fabric wouldn't feed, so I just stopped working on it. I refused to sew at all yesterday because of it, which means I didn't get anything done. Instead I decided to watch House Season 1 and crochet. I got another 1/4 of my blanket done and I am now up to 3/4 finished.

Yesterday I found a great pattern for a basket weave crocheted blanket. I was so excited, because I taught myself how to knit so I could make a basket weave blanket and that didn't work out well. Now I will be able to do the blanket in crochet, which I am much more  comfortable with. I think I know just the yarn I want to do it with too. I have this great pink baby soft yarn that I originally bought to make a baby blanket with. Now I have the stitch to do it with. I can't wait to get started with it. I am going to finish this other blanket first because I am so close. So, I sew.

No comments: