Sunday, January 25, 2009

I need to craft up a storm

I have so much sewing to do in the next month. March is so full of birthdays, it feels like Christmas sewing. I have 6 people to give gifts to, and I want to try and make everything. I have some ideas, but I am still lost for some of the other people. After I finish my Kitchen Swap stuff I will focus on what I can make everyone, and start with that stuff.

I finished all my Pink swap stuff and I am quite pleased with how it all turned out. I loved everything so much, I am making it all for myself as well. When Kaymadben receives this week I will post pictures of the goodies.

DSCN1309Cris Cross Coasters SSS17 1-23-09I have received two of my Sweat Shoppe Swap goodies. The 'Scrabble Tile Pendants' and the 'Cris Cross Coasters'. The pendants are very cute and will make cute charms. The coasters match what Kaymadben made for me in the Christmas in July Swap (an apron and placemats). I can't wait to see what else I get. The other three things are sort of surprises. I know what they are, but not what colors I am getting.

  

I sent out cloth lunch sacks to my five swappers. I really like how they turned out, but there are some things I Cloth Lunch Sacks SSS17 1-15-09 (3)Cloth Lunch Sacks SSS17 1-15-09might change if I make more. I made them all interfaced and lined for extra stability. They are all cotton, except for the flannel Mickey. I want to make some more for quick and easy gifts. They were great for using up smaller pieces of fabric. Each used up less then 1/2 a yard of each color. I will probably do these for quick gratification projects.

 

 

Grey and Pink Polka Dot Market Tote 1-23-09 (4)Grey and Pink Polka Dot Market Tote 1-23-09 I also made a really cute 'Market Tote' this week. I found this great gray corduroy fabric with light pink polka dots at Joanns when I was looking for Pink Swap stuff. I couldn't resist buying it. I also bought some pink and gray ribbon to go with it. I knew when I bought it I wanted to make this bag, but I didn't know when I would get around to it. I went roller skating with the 6th graders on Thursday and needed a new cute bag to take my stuff in. It was a very quick project, as it only took me 45 minutes from cutting to finish. I lined it with some super cute bright pink polka dot fabric I have had for awhile, which made the lining super fun. The ribbon on the front and back are only sewn partially so that I can adjust the size of the bag. the ribbon can be tied in the front or around the sides. This bag is huge, measuring 18"x18". I love how it turned out and have lots more planned for the future. I think I want to add pockets to the next one. Or maybe some pouches to match. All the choices.

I have to work on the Kitchen Swap today, so hopefully I will stay motivated enough to finish that up before evening. So, I sew.

No comments: