Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We are buying a house!!!!

So we are finally buying a house. We are both very excited to be moving to a new place that is going to be all ours. We still have a long time to wait in respect to how impatient we are. We will have to occupy our time with packing and other activities.

I got my SWAP partner a couple weeks ago for the Holiday wish list SWAP I am in and co-organizing. I feel bad because I feel like I haven't done much to help with the organizing, but I don't really know what else there is to do until it gets closer to send-outs. My partner has a pretty good wish list, I am excited to start going with that. I have been so busy with the house stuff I haven't had a lot of time to really do much sewing, but I have until December 1st to send out, so I am not really worried yet. I got a request to make some Scrabble pillows for a friend and I will have to work on those as well. I am excited about these though because it is a skill I haven't really done a lot of. It will be stencil painting, which I used to do more of when I was in high school, but kind of stopped doing with all my other crafts. I have gotten to experiment with the new mediums in stencil painting on some t-shirts, to prep myself for the pillows. I really am having fun with it.

I think I am going to go see what I can pack in my craft room... I don't want to pack anything, because I know once it is packed I will need it. So, I sew.

No comments: