Friday, August 29, 2008

Last day of Summer

It is my last official weekday of my summer vacation and I have to work. I got roped into working at the District Office today. It really wasn't a big deal, until Nick took the day off. Now I have to work and he doesn't. Oh well I guess.

I made a couple things in the past week that I thought I should post. First a Chore chart. I made this for a SWAP I was in and loved it so much that I had to make one for myself. I probably won't use it much, but I love how it looks. I used 4 Fat Quarters of fabric, and paper that I had lying around, so it is fairly cheap. I don't like that it is a little crooked, but it gets the job done. Each card has a different chore on it (ie... dishes, fold clothes, wash clothes, bathrooms, sweep), when you finish the chore for the day you just flip the card over. At the end of the week you know exactly what you have left to do.

Chore chart 8-25-2008 (2) Chore chart 8-25-2008 Cupcake Potholder 8-25-2008

 

I also made a pot holder based on the tutorial I got in my SWAP package, the cupcake rug tutorial. I  used the fabric she sent me to make it. I didn't really like how it turned out after it was washed. I ended up ironing it so it would look better. There are some things I would change if I made another one, but not too much different. I really like the fabric though, too bad I don't have more of it. So, I sew.

No comments: